things girls are made to feel ashamed of-
- having periods
- choosing what they want to wear on their body
- wanting to/not wanting to have sex
- putting boys in the ‘friendzone’
- standing up against misogyny
- ruining a boy’s life by telling the police that he raped her
- having hair on their body
- not appreciating catcalls
- not appreciating chivalry
- having control over their own fucking body
Omg, I’m honored cuz I love your blog!
1) I got drunk and me an irish dude at this amazing bar today. I went with my best friend and she had to leave early so I stayed and ended up having a blast with all the regulars there. Pretty rad Monday.
2) today is the first time in a year that I’ve called off work. I called off because I never take time off, regardless of illness or how intense my migraines are. Just this last week, 4 people have called off for no good reason including, “it’s too cold.” Fuck em, I deserved time off.
3) my bf bought me lady gaga tickets for the show in July 2014 and I cried like a baby when he told me. Merry Christmas to me.
4) I work at a podiatrist’s, at taco bell, and as a babysitter.
5) I’m a boring human. Lol
My mother said I must always be intolerant of ignorance but understanding of illiteracy. That some people, unable to go to school, were more educated and more intelligent than college professors.
out of sight- video on invisible eating disorders.
3 woman share their battles as normal weight sufferers of severe eating disorders.
i think video needs to be seen by all:
-sufferers who feel alone because they aren’t ‘thin enough’ or ‘sick enough’ to get help.
-health care professionals who don’t take bulimia, ednos and other disorders seriously, waiting until victims are beyond ill to direct then to the real help they deserve
-people supporting sufferers. the eating disorder thoughts are voiced and described well along with the stigma that terrifies many of us. it provides first hand accounts of things we may be to ashamed to admit to or feel that we wouldn’t be taken as seriously as someone who looks ill.
the women in this video are amazing. they open their hearts and true thoughts to help others. they delve deep into the psyche of an eating disorder.
everything they say about bulimia is spot on.
one part really stuck with me.
'when i gain weight, i look healthier. everyone stops worrying about me. but i feel worse, its when i need their help the most'
(slightly paraphrased due to bad memory)
This! My lowest weight ever was 135, which for me is too thin because of my body and bone structure. But everyone else saw me as normal except for the yellow complexion and dark circles. They just thought I was constantly ill, that my hair was just falling out from stress, but at least I wasn’t getting too thin (a disordered person’s worst nightmare is hearing that they aren’t “too thin”… I wanted so bad to be too thin)
"Getting a Job: Is there a Motherhood Penalty?" American Journal of Sociology, 2007 (via checkprivilege)
The answer to the question is yes.
Female job applicants with children are 44 percent less likely to be hired for a job than are childless women with similar qualifications. Fathers, by contrast, are 19 percent MORE likely to be hired than are comparably qualified men without children.
yeah cause I’ve been busy eating your girlfriend’s pussy.
SONG OF THE DAY: LA TORTURA - SHAKIRA & ALEJANDRO SANZ
Alejandro in this video tho!
lord knows this is one of my fav songs and i have no clue what she’s saying lol
Forever a fave
remember last summer when american eagle had that modelling contest where you submit your picture to get votes and if you get into the top 20 votes your picture is displayed at times square in new york
i submitted this photo of me about to sneeze
i placed 12th and i was on the times square billboard for two weeks
i hate each and every single one of you all
It’s hilarious that non-Americans on Tumblr are all like “OMG DENNY’S TUMBLR MAKES ME WISH I LIVED IN AMERICA SO I COULD EAT THERE,” while us Americans will literally only eat at Dennys if it’s 3 in the morning and we’ve lost control of our life.
You don’t go to Denny’s. You end up at Denny’s.
what the fuck is denny’s
YOU DON’T GO TO DENNY’S, YOU END UP AT DENNY’S